Thursday, November 20, 2008

Life

I have been thinking a lot about life lately. Like how I got here and all the turns that took me here. Like how my second year of college compares to my first year. Like how the most unexpected things happen when we do not expect it. Like how the small moments are so much greater than big things like success and money.

My life compared to last year has so much more joy. I am so content about life. I am just so at peace with how its going.

I just read my journal that I had randomly written in while I was in high school and I was so mad at the world. But nobody really knew it because I hid behind a smile and just pretended things were okay. And really my life was not bad I was just bitter and didn't have a better outlet than just writing stuff down. So maybe I just wrote on bad days. Maybe I just remember the bad things because its easier to be bitter than to admit that life was good for you. And I do remember good things.

I have also been learning a lot about expectations. Still. You would think that after Louisiana I wouldn't let my life be ruled by expectations of what I think should happen. But I do. I expect life to be different then it is. But its still the same. People keep surprising me in my life. I always have a first impression of people because I like to make up a story about them in my head. About 75% of the time I am wrong about them and they surprise me in a good way. Or a bad way. So I have learned to not completely write off people until I have known them for a while.

Oh life.

On a side note I am so excited for this semester to be over. Ten more days of classes. And then finals. And then Christmas.

1 comment:

Josiah said...

i hear you on the expectations thing...louisiana definitely taught us not to have any but no matter what we do.. like in moving here i totally expected certain things.. and was in for a MAJOR let down.. but then you learn once again... NO expectations.. its just like patience you need a constant reminder otherwise you will forget.. or maybe you wont forget but you will disregard it i guess..
i always feel more positive after reading your blogs..
thanks jane