Friday, August 1, 2008

Just call me Aunt Jane

So I went to Louisiana for six weeks this summer and two weeks into it, I get a call from my mom and she tells me that my pregnant sister Elly is in the hospital. She started having contractions three months early but the doctors were able to stop them thanks to modern medicine. Three days later I get a call from my dad that Elly is officially in labor. Fifteen minutes later, he texts me saying "It's a boy!"


On June 7, 2008, I became an aunt to Wyatt Dale, three months before I should have become one. He weighed 2 pounds, 13 ounces. He was tiny. However, these past seven weeks, he has progressed very well. Today I am happy to report that he is off the ventilator and breathing on his own. He is back down to weighing 2 pounds, 13 ounces, but for being a premature baby, he is relatively healthy.

Here are some pictures of Wyatt without his ventilator. I think I am going to like being an aunt. :)

"Success is how high you bounce after you hit rock bottom" Gen. Patton

No comments: