Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I think too much.

No, really. I do.

Let me explain. Or try to.

I think about every decision I make constantly and those few times that I make a decision sporadically, I regret it, which just makes me take longer to make the next decision that comes across my path. I think about what other people say and their actions. I try and determine what they are really thinking when they tell me a story because really, I think anyway, this person would probably be somewhere else, not talking to me. I analyze the way people talk to me because if its a guy, I'm thinking that maybe he is being a little flirtatious and if this is so, then maybe he likes me. And if I'm talking to a girl, I'm thinking that maybe she would rather be talking to that group of guys over there, and not me.

I am about to start school so I am getting ready by packing and what not but I keep stopping because I don't know what our room is going to need this year and what I should bring from home and if I am really going to wear all those clothes that I want to bring because last year I certainly did not wear all the clothes that I brought and I really do not want to waste space. And speaking of packing space, is everything going to fit? How many trips am I going to take out there anyway.

Even when I am telling someone a story I am thinking too much, which causes me to slip in the dreaded "like" and "um" into my stories. Maybe while I am telling the story I start thinking about the end before I even get to it or I make eye contact with the person who I am telling the story to and get distracted by wondering what the person behind those eyes are thinking, especially when the eyes are gorgeous.

And really, it wouldn't be so bad to over think things if it all turned out good in the end. But thinking too much about a certain guy usually just builds that guy up in my head so much that when I actually talk to him, I am completely baffled by the feelings I have for him. Or it wouldn't be so bad if when I do overanalyze every decision that I end up making the right choice and live somewhat happily, but this rarely happens. Something usually goes wrong in the decision that I make. And this just causes me to think about why it went wrong and what I could have done differently and why I am such an idiot sometimes?

And even right now, as I type this I am thinking about how stupid it is to write all this down. No one really cares how much you overanalyze everything, they probably do it, too.

If that's you, let's just start a club. Overanalyzing Anonymous: For people who think too much.

Maybe you are thinking that its because I am a girl that I think so much about this and that and why this and why that. And you are probably right. If I was a guy, maybe I wouldn't over think everything.

Sometimes I hope for a day where I will just not think and then maybe, just maybe, that guy that I have a crush on will be perfect when I talk to him and every decision that I make that day will turn out great because I did not obsess over it and life that day will be grand

But for now, I will just keep thinking way too much about life.

No comments: