Sunday, August 31, 2008

I'm going to miss the gypsy

This is Corisa Ricciardi. She is a nut. Last summer we went to Chile with this group of people. While we were there, we became friends. Apparently her name is close to the word 'colisa' which means gay so her host family called her Gypsy. Therefore, to our group of friends she became the gypsy. And really she often dresses like one, so it is very fitting. This summer we were camp counselors for high school. And we became close again. And now in exactly two weeks she is going back to Chile for an entire year. I am so excited for her and what God is doing in her life but I am so sad that I will not be able to see her throughout this year. This is Cor eating popcorn. If she could, she would live off popcorn for the rest of her life.
She's a little quirky and inappropriate at times but she is so genuine, so thoughtful, so caring, so amazing that I am going to miss her so much while she is gone. But she is going to do amazing things while she is there. And really how long is year in the scheme of life? 365 days. 525,600 minutes. 31,622,400 seconds.
Maybe a part of me is jealous of her because she is going out and doing something that she is passionate about. She is so on fire for Jesus that she is just going. Sure, she'll be taking online classes, but she's not settling for the expected path of going to a four year college to get into grad school to get a good paying job. She's following God. She is putting her whole trust in God and completely relying on him that this is where she is supposed to be. I admire her for that.
And even though she will be pretty far away, thanks to technology, we can still keep in touch through email, facebook, and skype. And maybe if I raise $2,000 I can go visit her.

No comments: