Monday, August 25, 2008

Los Jeans

So throughout high school and jr high, each year I always seemed to have only one pair of jeans that I basically wore every day. And when I wore that pair out, which meant holes where the pants rubbed together or being too small for me, then, and only then, would I go out and buy a new pair. I hated buying new pairs of jeans because I felt like I could never find a pair that would fit me. And really it seemed that each year, I would have a favorite pair that I would wear regardless if I already wore them three times that week.

And then I discovered Old Navy jeans. And they fit nicely. This was about junior year of high school. So now I actually had about two or three pairs. But I would still wear them out and had to go get new jeans. But I actually liked buying jeans now that I realized Old Navy jeans fit me and really weren't that expensive (especially when you go when they have a blow out sale because they are getting a new line and need to get rid of their old crap. )

Anyway, today I was doing laundry (because I'm moving back to APU this week and I wanted to wash everything before it cost me) and I decided to do an all jean load. And while I was folding them I realized I had close to ten pairs of jeans.

I was shocked. I have never had this many pairs of jeans before. I mean I guess I did just buy three pairs this past Saturday at Old Navy's $12 sale. But still, when did I become the person with more pairs of jeans than there are days in the week? Where did this person come from? Next thing you know, I'll be wearing make up.... okay, yeah, you're right, that's not going to happen anytime soon.

No comments: