Saturday, August 30, 2008

Those random conversations..

You ever had one of those conversations that kind of plays over and over in your mind and either you are thinking of what you should have said that would have been funny or you were talking about a specific subject and you just can't get that out of your mind?

Well I was facebook chatting (a wonderful little thing, thanks facebook) with a friend and we were talking about playing soccer.

I haven't played competitive soccer since April 26, 2006. That was the night that I tore my ACL; an injury that would come to haunt me for several months, and probably the rest of my life. I had surgery to repair it but I never completely got back into competitive soccer. And then while I was playing intramurals, I hurt my knee again and had to have surgery again, this time on my meniscus. That was at the beginning of the summer. It went really well and it truly felt like it would not just go out on me again. However, I was wrong.

In my first pick up soccer game this summer, I hurt it again and it swelled up and of course I was trying to impress a guy so I kept playing and didn't immediately ice it like I maybe should have.

Anyway, back to the facebook conversation, my friend asked me if I ever thought about getting back into it. And I do think about it. I think about how cool it would be to play for APU and be competitive again and score goals and get that incredible rush after a hard played game, but I don't think that is where I am supposed to be.

I really do love where I am at in life. I am majoring in Athletic Training, with a minor in Leadership. I have some of the most amazing friends that are scattered everywhere. I help out with high school youth group at my church on Wednesday nights, which I absolutely love because I like high schoolers for some reason.

And soccer really is not out of my life forever. Maybe I'll play in an indoor team soon or I'll become a high school soccer coach or anything. But I do miss it. So if ever you want to play, do you think you can invite me?

No comments: