Friday, July 25, 2008

I have this theory.

You know when you find out depressing news but really if you told anyone they would just tell you to get over it or look at you in a confused way? Yeah, that is the way I feel right now. It's not the type of news that will make me start cutting or anything but it just feels like reality punched me in the face. Why can't we all just continue to have the naivete of being ten or eight? I remember I really liked being those ages.

I went to the Museum of Tolerance today. I really want to go back. We only had the chance to go through one exhibit and hear a former skinhead talk. It was all very interesting and sad and intriguing ang now I just want to go back and go through more exhibits and learn more about race hatred. When ever I think about racism, like the civil rights movement or what happened in Europe during Hitler's reign, I always wonder what I would have been like if I had lived then. The speaker said that racism and that hatred you feel is a "learned behavior." So really, I think it depends a lot on what environment I grew up in and what issues I faced that would determine if I was a racist.

Yesterday I found out that I am going to be a high school camp counselor. I am thrilled beyond measure. Seriously, I looked forward to maybe being a counselor when I was a freshman in high school. How ridiculous is that? I am excited to meet the girls in my cabin and get to know them and see what God will do during the week. Camp is just always amazing. Sadly, it is not for another few weeks. So, let the count down begin.

So my theory is the following: this post is the most random thing ever. awesome.

2 comments:

Nikol Schiller said...

i am SO excited you get to be a camp counselor.

when i was younger, i absolutely loved going to camp and i always thought the camp counselors were SO cool. =)

you're going to be the BEST counselor ever!

rachel said...

you have been tagged.