Saturday, May 29, 2010

Week 1

So I have now been here in Chicago for a full week. It has been an insane training filled week. We start at about 8:00 and continue doing things until 9 or 10 at night. It has been amazing though.

I really love Chicago. Here's a few reasons why:
1. There are no random hill that would make riding a bike or running more difficult.
2. The people are so nice and want to help you with public transportation questions, direction questions and really are just more inclined to smile at you then anything else.
3. Public transportation. I've actually really only been on it once and that was with a group. But I am about to meet a friend downtown and taking it by myself. And I'm not scared. Well, I'm nervous. But it will be fun.

And that's just the start of the list. I haven't even gone exploring. That's later today.

The only thing is the weather. Currently it is absolutely beautiful with no humidity. But the first day was soooo humid. And its never that humid in May. It was a nice little wake up call. But it will definitely be more inclined to present with that weather later in June and July.

The other co-hosts are wonderful. I'm pretty sure we have had to just connect because we are all we have to get through this summer but we really do all get along. All the profiles are up on the website here: csm.org/chicagoteam2010.php if you are so inclined to check it out. (its not a link. whoops.)

So when groups start coming, we have something called an anchor site. And that means that this place will be the first site of the morning that we take the groups to everyday during the week. Mine is the Roseland/Pullman Boys and Girls club. It is in the waaay south side of Chicago. And Albany Park, where I'm staying, is more on the north side of Chicago. So it will be a nice little drive everymorning.

But I am excited about the site. It is not associated with Christian organization so we can't verbally and outwardly talk about Jesus, but we can be there, hang out with the kids and relate to them on a different level.

Well that's about it for now.

No comments: