Sunday, May 16, 2010

Soldering or soddering

"It's ok to show up at a guy's house with a dozen roses and declare your undying affection. It's ok to have too much to drink and call your ex 20 times and then to be mortally embarrassed when you realize your number must have shown up on his caller ID. It's ok, because making a fool of yourself for love is ultimately about you, how much you have to give and the distances you will travel to keep your heart wide open when everything around you makes you feel like slamming it shut and soldering it closed"
-Veronica Chambers

(I'm not going to lie. I looked up soldering (the process of joining metals). I realized that the definition of this word is one that I associated with the word "soddering." But that's not a word. And apparently to Urban Dictionary, I'm an idiot in thinking that this was the correct way to spell it. Oh English and their silent 'L's. But this is completely not the point of this blog)


I just liked this quote. I wish I was brave enough to make a fool of myself. That's all.

No comments: