Monday, May 31, 2010

Cafeneo.

We actually had a nice little three hour break from training today. So three other girls and I decided to head on out to a coffee shop in Lincoln Square. It is an adorable little place called Cafeneo. It is currently a rainy and thundering and lightning day, which makes this off the wall coffee shop the perfect place to be on Sunday.

So what have I been up to lately. Well, today, out session consisted of learning to deal with conflict. I learned that I am a turtle when it comes to conflict and just avoid it. I guess this could be good. But it probably really isn't.

We have been doing a lot of tests like these to find out where we fit on the whole spectrum and find out our personalities.

One of the tests we took was what we value. Whether we were a visionary, a doer, a planner or a people person. Yeah, all my scores were within one point of each other. So I'm a four part blend. And you know that sounds good and all but really it just means that I am such a fence sitter. One of the girls here told me that it meant I was balanced. I just think that I am in a transition part of my life. So everything is changing.

I finally broke down today. We were driving to the coffeeshop and I just started crying. I love the people here but I have not had a real genuine hug from someone yet. That was a part of it but I'm also just homesick and it's also just raining, which often brings me down.

This is the last week of training and groups will be coming next week. But not everyone will have a group. The co-hosts that don't have a group will be their own serving group and go to different ministry sites.

I don't know if I have a group yet. I'll find out later this week.

Thank you for your prayers and support. And I'll keep you updated when I can.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i'm giving you a legit hug right now :)

Team Indonesia said...

gah emma!!!!! i was coming on here to write the exact same thing!!!!

we are friends.
miss you janey