Monday, February 2, 2009

You know what they say when you avoid...

I've been avoiding things lately. Do you ever do that? You probably do. And you are probably way better at it. And have better reasons if you ever do it.

Here's what I am currently avoiding:

1. Facebook. I just can't bring myself to sign on. I can't figure out if I'm avoiding the obsessiveness I have of it or talking to some people.

2. Homework. Eh. Not such a big deal. Just don't want to learn about action potentials or whatever is next in physiology.

3. Running. I ran a few times last week and felt really good. I went rock climbing on Saturday and now I'm really sore. (Still!) So I don't really want to go run and it hurt more.

4. Going to the bathroom. I'm sitting on my bed as I write this and, well, its a bunk bed and its a long way down. But I drank a lot of fluids today. Which is kind of strange now that I think about it...

5. Adulthood. Just thinking about the associated responsibility that comes with adulthood makes stress knots form in my back.

6. Phone calls. I need to call some people to make and break some plans. Not looking forward to the breaking part.

7. Thinking. There is way too much going in my head right now.

I think taking a physiology test does this to you. Because now everything that I have been avoiding thinking about because I've been studying for the test has just come flooding back into my conscious and now I have to deal with it.

That's the down fall of avoiding things. Sooner or later you have to deal with them.

2 comments:

Josiah said...

i tend to avoid things too.. until i have no choice but to take care of it..
like i just got a ticket in NC for not having NC plates or License.. i know ill put it off till the last minute!
you're not alone out there!

pete and mary said...

I just want to let you know that running helps to get rid of the soreness... therefore get off your lazy butt and run, i finally did.