Sunday, February 8, 2009

Such is my life

So this weekend was so exhausting. But really what else is new? I had a track meet on Saturday and it was at Cerritos College. I had to be there at seven thirty in the morning. (Side note: It is getting easier and easier to be not only up early in the morning but actually functioning. I have been so proud of myself for not pressing snooze when I wake up in the morning. The alarm goes off at seven and I get out of bed by seven oh two. ) Back to the weekend: So I had to get up a little earlier to be to the place on time. I made it. With plenty of warm clothes because it rained. For most of the morning.

However, this was also a blessing because it meant some of the events were cancelled. Which meant going home earlier. Oh what a sweet symphony played when I was on the way back to the good ol Rside on the 91 at two in the afternoon, which meant no traffic.

Sunday was also a good day. It was actually pretty relaxing. I even got a nap in. And then as such is my life, something happens.

Now I keep my APU I.D. card in my back pocket. And as I was going to the bathroom, while it was still in my pocket, it bent and broke in two pieces. Fail.

Here is a picture of my lovely spliced card:

Now what am I supposed to do? It is my access to meals and such.
Anyway, I came out of the bathroom and showed my sister and my mom. And they were appropriately sympathetic to my plight. They asked how much to replace and I said $20. But I last year my card fell out of my pocket and I thought I lost it forever so I replaced it then but then someone found it and gave it back. (I know this is turning into a longer story then I had planned but I need to give some context.) So currently I had two cards in my possession, the other one was just deactivated but it still worked when I needed to present identification of myself. I told my dear family members that maybe I can just go and get that old one reactivated.
And as I am packing up my stuff to hit the road back to Azusa, Elly hands me twenty dollars so that I can replace it. Or if I am able to reactivated the old card to treat myself to something nice. I love my family.
Now I just need to find time in my schedule to go to the One Card Office to get a new card. Since it keeps office hours, this means it will not be open, say at seven at night when I actually have time to get errands done. This just goes on my to do list. It kind of is somewhat important though. Since I need to eat...
Oh well, such is my life.

No comments: