Thursday, February 5, 2009

Hike it out

So Thursdays my schedule is empty. I have class in the morning and that ends at 9:30 and then I don't have anything. Because it is my day off from clinicals and I just have work but that's not till like five. Or later. Just depends on when I want to go. Well the last two Thursdays I came back to my room and I slept. And that was nice. But I felt very lazy and I got depressed a little bit because I wasn't doing anything.

Therefore today I decided to do something productive. I went on a hike. By myself. It was very mind clearing and it got me out of the mod. Also it was a lot harded than I thought it would be. I thought it would be more like Mt. Rubidoux. But it was kind of harder. It was a more narrow path and it was way more steep than I thought it would be.

Here is my adventure in pictures:

The sign

Here is the start of the trail. It goes right by the fire station.

Here's a shot of my destination. Here it is a little zoomed in.
And then way zoomed in. At times I felt like I was going through a mini jungle. Or forest. The trail was very leafy and full of green life.

This is almost at the end.

AndHere's where I almost gave up. The cross is at the top of this hill and it was a super steep hill. However there were some guys taking pictures to the right of me so I couldn't just stop. And sidenote, they were smoking and that kind of confused me because here they were being all healthy and going for a hike and they're smoking?
When I go up there again, I want to do more exploring. Like see where this leads... Pretty flowers. Here I am at the cross.

The clouds were so pretty.Sitting beneath the shade of the cross.

And me.
So you are probably wondering about my expression in this last picture. Well you see, I am expressing my annoyance with my broken head phones. Well how did it get broken you ask? Excellent question.

On Monday I was in the caf on west campus and I had just walked in so I had my ipod still on and the headphones in my ear. Well I was walking on an un-carpeted area and there is a small puddle of water. I did not see this small puddle. I step in this puddle of water and my left foot slips out from under me. I land on my right knee and the earphones fall to the ground and shatter.

A guy walking by picks up some of the pieces and lovingly pointed out that it was broken. Thank you, good sir.

I then took my bruised ego to a table and assessed the damage. Luckily I was able to put one side together and it worked. But the right head phone wasn't so lucky. So while I was hiking I only had one earphone in. I kind of felt unbalanced while I was walking.

Anyway that was my adventure. I think next Thursday I am going to find a new trail. I like to spice things up.

No comments: