Sunday, June 20, 2010

Saturday Thrifting.

Saturday, Stacey, Nicole and I went on an adventure to Lakeview and Wicker Park to do some exploring and thrifting.

Here we are at the start of the journey.

This is the first place we ventured into.

Books were everywhere! I could have stayed in here for hours. I was listening to a patron talk to the owner and he asked if he could bring some books in. The owner said of course any time. The guy replied ok I'll bring it in and you can look through it to see if you want them. The owner then said to not worry he'll take them all. That's how much he just loved books. This is definitely one of my dream jobs.

Vintage shopping under a vintage sign. This place was a little spendy but the ambience was exceptional.

This is at a different store in Wicker Park. Stacey caught a candid shot when we started laughing that Stacey had taken a shot before we were ready. The couch was wonderfully comfortable from all the walking. We wanted to take it with us back to the apartment but it seemed very unfeasible to take it around with us.

The Buffalo Exchange. Got some awesome sunglasses from here.


We then needed a coffee break if we were to continue our journey. And we found this adorable little place that opened only a week and a half ago!


When we walked in there were shirts on the counter that I started to pick up to look at and the lady said "Take one! They're totally free." We jumped on this offer. They were just fun shirts. Nicole and I talked about how we would definitely move to Chicago for just all the eclectic coffee shops that reside here.


This place was also adorable. They had a lot of fun shirts. Also a bit spendy.


And then we found this awesome store. Read this sign.


It's called The Boring Store and it has a tutoring center for kids in the back and in the front there are all sorts of things they sell. Like books that some of the kids have written.


They also have this awesome map.


We continued on and found a store with regular clothes on the first floor and used clothes in the basement after you pass this fun mural.


Yeah, I found this sweatshirt nestled in the hoodie section. It caught me by surprise. I just had to take a picture with it. I was tempted to buy it, but then I remembered I have about five jackets/sweatshirts from APU...


And then it was time to eat and we found this noodle place that was cheap, good and filling.


Now we were so famished before we got here that Nicole, a vegetarian, was willing to settle for a hamburger and fries, as long as they got to eat soon. But since we found this place, she was able to get her tofu.


And I got my coke, which was something I had been craving aaallllll day. There's just something about a coke after walking around that just makes my day.
All in all it was a great day.

No comments: