Saturday, June 26, 2010

First Cove

This past week this was my group. They were from Rockford, IL and attended a church called First Evangelical Covenant Church. They were absolutely so fun to be around because they had such a go with the flow attitude. The leaders also were just amazing because they were so easy to work with and talk to. I was so blessed to be a part of their family this week.



Since the pastor (Dave far left) was a returning participant to CSM they were given the option of taking public transit all day. They are the first group to ever take CSM Chicago up on this offer. Our anchor site is 111 blocks south of downtown Chicago. And our housing site is already 50 blocks north of the city. So we had a long commute. However, public transit in Chicago is just amazing. And we only had to make one transfer between the 'el' lines and ride the city bus for 10 minutes. The group was such good sports about it too. It did take an hour and a half but I really think they enjoyed themselves. I know I did. I just love the 'el' and people watching. There were definitely some characters out there too.



It was such a long week but it was such a good week. I barely had time to breathe because it was go go go with only about an hour break during the day. And this is the rest of my summer. Who's excited? My hand is raised :)

No comments: