Friday, June 11, 2010

Chase Elementary

So this past week I have had my first group. It has been quite a growing experience. I've learned so much about what to do next time and I feel confident that I can do this for the rest of the summer.

In the mornings I would take the group to Chase Elementary where they helped in the different classes. This place had the coolest mural all throughout the school building. It was designed by the kids and even a lot of them helped paint it. The following pictures don't show its entirety but the general idea of what all the walls were like.

This was Salmon P. Chase who the school was named after.

The skeletons are mosaics.

They even portrayed the el.


Soldier field. Daaaa Bearrrrrs.

I wonder who number 54 is/was...

Margie's Candies. Apparently its pretty popular. I'm going to have to check this place out.


This is an actual fountain in the city.


P.S. There's a Jazz festival this weekend. So pumped.

Take me out to the ball game. Take me out to the field. Buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks.


This was a sign on one of the classroom doors. It made me go 'aww.'

I have a real picture of the lions in front of the art institute and the Chicago sign.

Apparently there were a whole bunch of cattle statues around Chicago a while ago. I don't know much about them.

Ugh this picture is so dark. But they had a picture of the U.S. so I just had to take a picture with California.
All in all, Chase Elementary was a fun place to be at.

1 comment:

rachel said...

thats so cool!

and the cows were like the oranges we had all over riverside a few years ago.