Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Juror #9

I have jury duty this week. I was actually picked for a jury, too. I thought that never really happened. Except my dad was a juror last week. And now I'm a juror this week. And it gets weirder. We are/were both Juror #9. So weird. His case ended Tuesday. And mine began showing evidence today.

It will be a quick trial. We got out way early today so I had time to go for a run in the rain and take a shower. And now I'm off to meet Ms Stacey Boone for an early dinner. (So I was trying to decide if I should put Mrs. But I never call her Mrs. I don't even know why I put the Ms.)

The run was amazing. My thighs were really red from the cold rain hitting them though. It made me really miss soccer. I have been missing that a lot lately. I just want someone who will play with me. Who actually likes it too. And I tried to find a soccer ball the other day. At my house. And I couldn't find one that was of high quality. If you know me and my family, shouldn't this be strange? It is.

Oh! So the judge of the case recognized me as my father's daughter. When they were questioning me he asked if my father was involved with soccer. I said yes. And he said he saw the family resemblance and that he was a good man. And I agreed, of course. My dad's pretty cool. Anyway, I told my dad this and he led me to believe that I would probably get dismissed. However, it didn't. I guess it doesn't matter that the judge knew my dad. Cause really, I don't know him. But he is a nice guy.

I am actually really enjoying this experience. It's making everything I learned in government with Ms. Blythe so real.

No comments: