Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Library


I like coming to my school's library but sometimes it can be eerie. And sometimes it feels like you are making too much noise just because you keep typing and because of the acoustics it seems a hundred times amplified. That is where I am right now and really I should be studying or something but, alas, I am not. I am blogging because I really want to share this experience of feeling extremely awkward in the library with all of you.

There really aren't that many people here. But the two people who are working the front desk right keep talking. And they are so fun to eavesdrop on. Now usually I am against eavesdropping but when its the library and no one else is talking, its hard not to eavesdrop.

One is obviously a baseball player and as such he is probably the kind of guy who is a player. I'm not being stereotypical, from their conversation I can definitely pick up on that vibe that he gives off. The other is nice looking girl and she is probably one of those girls that probably likes to read and gets good grades. They are so obviously flirting its ridiculous. But its the kind of flirting that really is not genuine; they are doing it to just pass the time. And of course they are on Facebook and adding each other as friends. He's trying to be all gentlemen-like and offer to get her food but she is refusing because girls like to be coy.

I wonder what they are really thinking right now. Do they wish they could be somewhere else and talking to people who are not their co-workers? And now he is teasing her about saying "um" too much. Oh, flirting.

Anyway, what else is going in the library? Oh yes, there are only about four people on computers and it makes me wonder why they are here on the computer? Did they just need the quiet of the library to concentrate (too bad this isn't working because of the flirting co-workers) or do they not have a computer of their own(and really how is that an option in this day and age. everyone has a computer)? Or maybe they need to print stuff and even though it is the begining of the year, they do not have ink in their ink cartridge. (Yep, that would be why I am here).

So now that I am done printing and the guy and girl are kind of getting on my nerves I think I am going to take off now.