Monday, September 15, 2008

10K Training

So I have decided to run a 10k. That is 6 point something miles. The Mission Inn Run is eightish weeks away and I am officially in 'Novice training' (a regime I found through google search.)

I am excited yet at the same time nervous. The training doesn't have me running every night, sometimes I do strength training, other times I have rest days. And I have kind of come to the realization that my life is about to get super busy because athletic training is soon going to be taking over my life because of observation hours. I also realize that my Human Diversity class is going to be more work than I thought it would be which is a bummer because I thought it would be cool to just go to class and talk about race and class and culture and not really have to work or anything. But this is not the case. There is a lot of reading and writing involved. Anyway, the point of all this background on how I think my life is going to get kind of busy is that I'm not sure if I will stick to the training.

Eight weeks is a long commitment. But I really want this. So I hope that I can do this.

No comments: