Friday, September 26, 2008

Just keep on keeping on

Tonight I made myself proud. At last count, I was at three and a quarter miles for the distance that I was running. And tonight, just because I wanted to see if I could do it, I ran four miles. I just kept running. This surprised me cause I kind of did not exercise Yesterday or the day before because my life has not slowed down yet. So I really did not think that I would last.

Want to know the main thing that I was thinking about when I was running? "I can't wait to put this for my status update on facebook." Yeah I know I am ridiculous. But I did it. And I was able to put that as my status. Who knew that a status update could become my inspiration and motivation?

I also realized how bad of count I keep. You see, I might actually have run only 15 laps but I also could have just run 17 laps. I kept losing track. I need to find a running partner who will keep track for me. After about 6 or 7 laps, I just stop remembering. I think I might need to find a route on surface streets around Azusa. But that would mean that the weather would have to cooperate with me and that I would have to not be busy when its still light out.

Anyway, I also realized that maybe this 10k isn't just some pipe dream of mine. I can actually do it. But as I am typing this with two bags of ice on my knee joints, I realize I better still train and get all of mybody in shape.

And did you know that running, and well probably any sporty activity, makes your toes nasty? My second toenail on my right foot is dead. I just really want it to fall off so that the new one will grow in. But it is not falling off. Right now its just a bunch of dead cells that kind of sticks up. If I was a bit demented I would take a picture and post it, but I really would rather not expose the nastiness that is my toes.

Well that is it for now. Until next time I leave you this thought from Ella Fitzgerald: "Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can go wrong." I think that it is very fitting.

3 comments:

Nikol Schiller said...

let's run a marathon.

it's on my list of things to do before i die...

Danielle Fletcher. said...

you're amazing.

If I actually start running, I want to get in on this marathon action.

go, Jane, go!

Josiah said...

hahaha i love that your inspiration was your facebook status...

dont worry though sometimes ill be doing something and all i can think is how i want to write a blog or bulletin...

i think its becoming a weird disease for me or something.. but it gets my thoughts out which helps me go on with my day..

hope you are doing well jane read!