Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fall is technically here

The days are getting shorter but it is still really hot. September is almost over but December seems so far away. I've only been here two months but it feels like a year. I start to count on doctors being at my home games and when I really need them, they don't show up. Last Friday was a hard night for my football players. Three rolled their ankles, one got a concussion, one broke his elbow (yep, he has surgery on Monday), three players cramped up, one hurt his knee even more. Want to know the difference between this game in Texas and a game at my high school I interned at last year? All these players kept playing. Just put some more tape on their ankles and they are good to go. Just ice the elbow at half time and take him out of kick off return and he's good to go (mind you I only speculated there was a break, I had no diagnostic tools to assess the validity of my thoughts and there was no way I would be able to talk him out of not going back in, especially since his dad had just had cancer surgery and was there to watch him). And the concussion, goodness, the concussion. Thank goodness he's alright. That's all I have to say about that. Can I just tell you how glad I am for a bye week this week?

No comments: