Monday, September 12, 2011

deactivate.

A couple of weeks ago, I deleted my facebook. I did something kind of stupid and wanted to just pretend it didn't happen. (I feel like that's my defense mechanism.)

And honestly, I have been wanting to delete it for a while. The situation that occurred was just the catalyst. The thing that would always stop me was the fact that I might lose contact with some friends. However, I still have other social media pages and a text or a phone call is way better than a comment anyway. And who doesn't love a hand written note?

On the positive side, I have been doing less stalking. I feel like facebook is always the go-to site for when I don't have anything else to do. (I'm probably not alone in that, let's just be honest.)

So how do I spend my time now, you ask? I wish I could say that now I am more productive with school stuff, but really I just found a new obsession: the newspaper. I get it for free on campus: the Waco Tribune-Herald and the New York Times. I love it. Sometimes I can pick up free internet in my apartment and other times I can't. So when I can't I just read the newspaper and do the crossword. I kind of have become a nerd about it.

I don't miss facebook. At all.

But that doesn't mean I won't ever go back on again. Maybe Christmas time.

Or when I become too obsessed with the newspaper. Any obsession is a bad obsession.

No comments: