Friday, April 30, 2010

"You only sign your first lease once!"

Today was quite a wonderful day. My future roommates and I signed the lease for the townhouse that is in the neighborhood that we have wanted to live in since about December.

And it actually happened.

It's not the original unit that we thought we were going to get. But, it'll do. This is the place. It's a two bedroom, three bathroom, two story, huge dining area, two car garage place.
That window is of the living room. A nice little sun area. Except, that faces the North. So it really won't be shining in that much.
These are my roommates. Ash, Meghan, Megan and Me. (I just love the timer feature on cameras.)
Yes. I'm living with two girls with the same name. Do you know how confusing conversations have already gotten? It just reminds me of Recess with all the Ashley's. (SCAAAANDALOUS - Did anyone else watch that show? It was my favorite.)

This is me signing my part of the lease. Ashley took the photo. She almost takes as many photos as I do. And if you know me, that means that she takes a lot of photos then.
My friend Jenny asked me later if I made it all pretty and special. I didn't. Fail for me. So she says back to me "Jaaaane! you only sign your first lease once!" It made me laugh. (Oh, Jenny. You make my heart so happy.)
Anyway, getting this place has been a huge stressor in my life. I'm glad I can finally say that I have the key. Now its just the moving in part.
Technically, I'm really not living there this summer since I will be in Chicago, but for the time being I'm moving my stuff there. But its finals week next week. And in one of my classes....I have three finals: Online scenario exam, lab practical and written test. Oh and also a thirty something page paper. And then I have two other relatively big finals. So about that moving in....
It's not really going to happen till next weekend. Perfect. Glad we got the keys.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) I made the blog. VALIDATION.

haha I just love you Jane Catherine Read.

Danielle said...

awesome, Jane!
I'm so happy you're so happy.