Monday, April 5, 2010

Oh yes.

"If people don't have food to eat, we have to give it to them. And if they can't read, we must teach them how. If they don't have jobs, we must help them find work. This is not the 'social' gospel; it is the gospel of Jesus Christ, who said 'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, and I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink' (Matthew 25:35). We have been called to make disciples of all people. Discipleship is not just about memorizing Bible verses. From a biblical perspective, discipleship is about helping people to be whole, to be restored to the image of God in which they were created."
-Wayne Gordon, Real Hope in Chicago.

I love this.

Today, I had a good talk with one of my friends about Jesus. He had just gotten back from Mexico and he said that he really wants to start changing his life around. It made me reminisce on all the times I was so blessed to go to Mexico with my church. It really was a great experience of just going down there for a week and building a house for a really deserving family.

I really hope this guy isn't just going to forget. Its so easy to have the high. But then the lure of society makes us forget what we learn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the quote Janey! The world is so blessed by your amazing heart.

Team Indonesia said...

Janey,
Chicago is blessed to receive you this summer.
honestly. No one better for the job.