Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Orientation is for weenies

So the past two days I have been in a classroom hearing about policy, rules, dress code, hours, and so on. Honestly I swear that it could be things people talk about in two hours but instead it was stretched to two days of eight hours each, with breaks thrown in. And then speakers from PT clinics and other colleges came and talked about their site and how they got to where they were.

We played this desert survival challenge though the first day and that was pretty cool. Basically, you are given a list of 15 items and you rank them from 1-15 in order of importance when you are stranded. First you order them individually and then with a team and then you compare both those rankings to the survival expert's ranking. You take the difference of your rankings compared to the survival expert and add it up. I did not get a good score. In fact I think I got the highest. So when you're stranded in the desert, don't take me.

But now I know the answers. So maybe now I would be able to survive. And therefore help you survive. So I might be helpful if you ever decide to get stranded in a desert.

No comments: