Thursday, May 7, 2009

Endings...and beginnings

It is the end of my school year. I cannot believe that this moment is finally here. The last week has been so stressful and busy and ridiculous. I feel like two weeks have passed these past seven days. But its over now. And I made it.

It's funny because you don't really ever see the light at the end of the tunnel when you are in that dark area. You see glimpses but its just a flicker and the tunnel just gets darker when the flicker goes away. But when you finally make it through that tunnel you are so relieved. And you want to tell everybody about all the dark things in that tunnel but they won't ever truly understand. By all means they will be able to rejoice that you made it back into the light but that's where the understanding ends. (Pardon my drawn out metaphor; I'm in the literary mood)

Anyways, I've had many random conversations this past week about a hodgepodge of things. One time I was talking to this girl about stress. And we came to the conclusion that everybody (I'm generalizing here but we mostly meant students during finals week) thinks they are the most stressed person in the world and nobody else could possibly be going through what they are going through. I know I feel like this sometimes. But really we all understand; we're just going through a different kind of stress. My stress stemmed from all the stuff that I had to do in addition to my finals. Other people are stressed about where they are living next year. Those more studious people are stressed about getting 100% on their finals.

But I'm done. Finito. Termino. And I can put this past week in the memories that I won't mind forgetting.

Because now it is the beginning of summer. The first thing on the list is a trip up to Washington to see Leesh and drive down with her. And then who knows? The opportunities are endless.

1 comment:

firster89 said...

and then your surprise on sunday. and then you hanging out in our new place all summer :p