Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Oh Louisiana


So I have this slide show thing on the desktop of my computer and it randomly selects pictures from my picture folder and shows it. This picture just popped up. And it got me thinking about Louisiana again. I've been thinking about it a lot.
Today at chapel there was a song playing as everybody walked in and it was a song that we heard everyday because it was always the background music for every game we played and it was always playing when the kids arrived at the camp. Its called "You Are" by Kirk Franklin. I was just singing along to it and all of sudden I was asking myself how I knew this song and then I realized what it was.
I just can't seem to get away from Louisiana. I guess that means there is a good chance I'll be going back.
The kids in this picture are two of the Pastor's grandkids. By the end of the six weeks I was there, the boy, DeSean, was calling me his girlfriend. He was a total Pastor's Grandkid and got his way in everything. But really, how can you say no to this face?

5 comments:

rachel said...

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

i love you/this/those kids/last summer/the south

rachel said...

did we ever find out why his nickname is scooter?

Team Indonesia said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

kills me.
i wanted to ring his neck more than a few times...but i love him :)

Josiah said...

haha scooter!!

it is funny how we all randomly seem to think back to louisiana.. i was just watching the strangers last night or no the night before but i thought of all you guys!

Team Indonesia said...

yaa! strangers in alabama hahaha
good stinkin times