Tuesday, May 31, 2011

memorial day weekend

This past weekend has been memorable for a memorial kind of weekend.
On Friday I went to Mexico with a group of 26 people. We built a house in a day. It really wasn't much of a house. Yeah, we can pat ourselves on the back saying we did good but it was so minimal. And yet, God used it to bless Hector and his family. In small ways, things happen and change.

And then on Monday, I went to Salvation Mountain with some friends. Basically, it is a painted rock with Christian motifs. The guy with the vision behind it is Leonard Knight. He just wanted to keep it simple:
How great is that? He was also around during the sixties so that might also have something to do with it.
And, because the weekend doesn't end on monday during the summer, on Tuesday, my friends and I had a get together. It was a progressive dinner and it was probably the best graduation/birthday/goodbye party ever. I love these girls.


Anyway, this whole weekend made me realize how incredibly blessed I am.

And it has come to my attention that I have about sixty days before I move to Texas. Crazy.

1 comment:

rachel said...

yay! im so glad i got to be included in your weekend :)