Sunday, May 1, 2011

Last week of undergraduate....whaaaa?

I am currently sitting in the library trying to finish my last paper. I can't decide if I am avoiding it because I do not want to admit this whole undergraduate experience is truly coming to an end or because I am at a point full of no inspiration to write about athletic training legislation. You decide.

So I will blog.

It is surreal to think I will soon not be a student of APU. There's still a lot of loose ends to tie up. And then it is time to get prepared for Texas.

I recently checked on the NATA career center and I just saw the perfect GA position for me in Chicago, IL. But I already committed to Baylor and it would be a terrible thing to back out on that for something that may not happen (considering I would still have to apply and all that). It is only perfect because it is a small school very similar to APU and it is in Chicago; the place I fell in love with last summer. I want to go back and actually live there but instead I will be going to Middle of Nowhere, Texas.

Don't get me wrong, I am so grateful for this next step. But did I rush into it? If I had been a slacker this year I would have waited and procrastinated and eventually gotten around to applying for GA spots and would have been able to apply to this other spot in Chicago. However, that is not me. I am not a slacker, which I guess is a good thing considering I'm graduating cum laude. And while its not the top honor, it'll do.

And I know Baylor will be great. At least, I hope.

And now it is back to paper writin' so that I can do something fun tonight and have nothing hanging over my head.

No comments: