Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Who are your best girl friends?

You know those annoying yet fun to fill out surveys on the myspace bulletin circuit? Annoying because everyone fills them out, even the people that you really don't care about but you are still friends with. And fun to fill out because they ask the most random questions that maybe you have never thought about before. Well, in the most recent one that I have seen the question is asked "who are your best girl friends?" (The two surveys that I read it in listed me in the list and I felt really happy about this but thats beside the point.) This question got me thinking like many random things do.


I think many people can relate to the fact that because of participation in a variety of activities I have many different groups of friends. I have school friends, soccer friends, church friends, and now that I have started college, college friends. Sometimes I feel like I have too many friends because I feel like I let some of them down when I don't hang out with them or call them or leave them facebook messages.


It is funny how friends become friends. You see right now, I have these amazing five girls who entered my life a little over a year ago. Emma, Rel, Rachel, Cor, Leesh. I kind have known them for quite a while but we did not all start hanging out together until last summer. Who knew kids from Poly and King could combine and become best friends?

Seriously they all make me so happy. Right now, ironically, they all go to RCC. But they all have so many amazing things that they want to do or are going to do. Cor is leaving for Chile for an entire year in the middle of September. She is my gypsy friend that loves talking about the awkward things in life. Alisha is going to transfer to another school in January and it will most likely be in Washington, way too far for a random disneyland trip. Last summer, we confided in each other some of the crappy things in our lives and we've been friends ever since. Emma is going to go off to a four year college soon and learn tons of more stuff that she can randomly tell us. Whenever we hang out, we find we revert to being 12 again. It's quite enjoyable actually. Rel is going to make the whole world fall in love with her because who doesn't love the person in your group that laughs at everything and argues with herself. She has full out conversations with herself and we don't have to say anything. Rachel is in training to be a firefighter right now. Currently she is paramedic trained, or something. But she currently has a plan to maybe go to a four year school for graphic art or intercultural studies. I really want her to choose APU for this but that's for my selfish reasons. These are my girls.

Our most recent photoshoot in the dairy queen parking lot with Kortney and Kevin.

But I am going to have to say that these aren't my only best girl friends. There are still the Victoria Girls and my new college friends.

My roommates for college next year are the asians on the left and the girl in the flower zip up. Kim, Kai and Ariel. I am so excited to live with these girlies.

The truth is how can I answer the question of who are your best girl friends when there are so many to choose from?

1 comment:

Nikol Schiller said...

we're lucky we have such great friends! think of all those lonely people out there with none at all...

=) i like your pictures, jane!!