Friday, March 25, 2011

Francis Chan. BOC. Jesus.

Today, Francis Chan talked in chapel. I'm pretty sure its safe to say most people love that guy. He is just so intense. He talks about other people who inspire him, but its crazy to think that he inspires the 4,000 people (college students, family members, faculty) that listened to him today. (At chapel there were so many people that they opened the back bleachers. And it's not like 12 people sat there. There was easily another 75. And then there is the pod cast. Who knows how many people listen to that.)

Anyway, how great would it be to just go. I like where I'm going in life, but sometimes I feel trapped. I have to finish college. I can't go too far (long term) because my family is reproducing at an exponential rate and I want to be there (they want me there, too, I hope.) And then there's my friends. I want to be there for their new boyfriends and new adventures and art shows. But sometimes, we have to just go.

I went for a walk today around my neighborhood. There's a path that leads to a man made river and it is just surrounded by mountains. It's really pretty. But I was just struck by how lucky I am. I don't have to hide my faith and yet, maybe because it is so easy, I am so apathetic about it all.

I have some friends who are really great. You can just see Jesus in everything they do. Their commitment and joy, it all comes from him. I want that. I want my joy to be in Jesus.

I'm taking a test soon. Its the BOC. Its like the NCLEX or Bar examination of Athletic Training. I want to pass on my first try. But really, its the prideful side of me (and the money worrying since it costs a few hundred every time) that really wants to pass it the first time. The worst thing that would happen is that I take it again in June.

And even if I don't pass it, I still have this peace in Jesus. What more do I need?

By society's standards, I need a lot more. But that is another post for another day.

1 comment:

[corisa] said...

praying you pass janey =]