Sunday, January 30, 2011

Oh softball.

I always like to tell you all stories about my job. So here is another one.

This time with pictures.

It's more of an informative narrative because well nothing has happened yet. Which is good. It means I have not screwed up and mixed chemicals and changed the color of the uniforms. I mean, I'm not saying that has exactly happened but it might have.

So here I am armed with the spray and wash... About to start the season of washing softball uniforms to get their stains from the grass and dirt out. I really think it is a losing battle.
This combination is only a temporary solution. The white will not stay white. I personally think we need to get oxiclean and I've mentioned this to my boss. Instead he invested in this other type of detergent that is supposed to be specifically for white uniforms. I also use spray and wash to complement the whole process.


My honest opinion is that I think its kind of stupid to play in so much white. They're going to get dirty and pretty soon it will get to the point where the stains are so set in that it will seem that its supposed to be that way. And the softball program will have to purchase a new set of uniforms. I think its a better investment to just get other colors.
I am all for getting dirty while playing the game but you also need to not be so dirty at the end of the day that the stains do not come out and eventually you just start to look unprofessional because of the set in stains.
Now back to work and washing the whites twice because I will at least try to get the stains out to make the boss man happy.
Have a lovely sunday friends :)
P.S. I'm kind of excited about the rain.

No comments: