Sunday, January 16, 2011

Growing up.

These are my friends Danielle and Alicia. They are my oldest friends. I have known Alicia since before we started Kindergarten. Our mothers knew each other through sewing and so we became friends. In fact, there is a picture of us in our apple dresses (that our mothers made) sitting on the swings in the playground. I think because of this connection we are probably going to be friends forever even though we don't hang out all that much anymore.

However, over break I got to hang out with these two. We went dancing and were just able to catch up on each other's lives. Funny story: when we were in second grade, Alicia and I didn't really want to play with Danielle (you know how elementary friendships go). So one time during free play, we hid from Danielle under the computer tables. But there was a sharp pin sticking out and it stabbed Alicia in the head and she just started gushing blood. I still feel terrible. Both about hiding from Danielle and picking the spot where we hid, which turned out to be hazardous to Alicia's health.

Anyway, it was just great seeing them because we are all doing our own thing but we were still able to relate and commiserate about our troubles.

I also recently got to hang out with Emma, Alex and Arielle. Other girls that I have known all my life. Our late night adventures included a DUI checkpoint, running red lights, red velvet cream pie, the house they filmed for Disturbia, jacuzzi and Pretty Little Liars. For some reason whenever we get together, we revert to being 12 years old. It's kind of refreshing that I have friends that I can do this with.


They're just great.

No comments: