Friday, July 2, 2010

Shower Guard.

CSM Chicago has a partnership with North Park University. We stay in their dormitories. They let us use their campus for Worship Night. We can go into some of their buildings if we want to have an inside debriefing somewhere. And all the groups that come in use the lockerroom showers.

Now shower times for the groups may be during the morning time slot (6:00 am to 8:00 am) or the evening time slot (8:00 pm to 10:00 pm). During this time there is no one from the North Park University actually in the building to I guess patrol the area. And so the hosts get the wonderful job of having shower guard duty.


So we get to sit in this empty hallway while the groups use the shower facilities. We find ways to entertain ourselves. In my case I bring a book. Or I journal. Or I just look at the walls. Its really not that bad because its actually time that is designated just to sit. It gives me a lot of time to just think then and process how the week is going. It sucks having to wake up at 5:30 when you have the morning shift but once you get there. It's the easiest thing in the world to just sit.
It's also fun to say hi to the groups and see them. I also feel at home in this hallway because NPU's athletic training room is in this hallway. And all the coaches of the different sports have their offices here. So if I went to this school, I would be spending a lot of time down this hallway anyway.
When I told my past group what I had to go do, the pastor, who's very sarcastic, commented "Well, are you armed? Do they give you a weapon?"
Yes, pastor, I am packing.

No comments: