Monday, July 12, 2010

Grrreat Day.

On Saturday, I had just a great day.

First, Kendrea and I decided we were going to Shedd Aquarium. Kendrea is from Arkansas and she makes me laugh so hard with her little southern girl phrases and mannerisms. My summer would not have been the same without her.

We stopped first at Portillos.

I got a Chicago Style Hot Dog: It comes with tomatoes, onions, relish, mustard, a pickle, hot peppers, a vienna dog and sesame seed bun. It sounds like a lot and maybe not so appetizing, especially if you're somewhat of a picky eater (alisha....), but its delicious.


We stopped by these funny looking staues first. Yes, they are headless. Its called Agora. They were made in Poland and brought to Chicago, the city of "many funny pieces of art in public".


Here we are waiting in line. It wasn't too bad of a wait. The couple behind us offered to take our picture. It was really nice of them.

I took a million pictures of fish. But I'm not going to put all of them on here. Just this one. You can thank me later for not boring you with my fascination of taking a million pictures of the same thing.

This is us with our map and everything X'd out because we went everywhere. But you can't see the X's. The girl that took this picture laughed at us. I'm quite alright with this. We felt accomplished and felt the need to document it.


And then I took her to my favorite place in the city. It was such a beautiful day. It looks fake even. We had fun with the continuous taking picture mode of my camera. Again, I won't post all of them here. Just this one. (Aren't the clouds just incredible?)
And then I left Kendrea and met up with Matty P. We were co-hosts this past week and our group got tickets to the White Sox game. They had two extra tickets that were already paid for and they brought us along.
I met Matty on the redline and we met the group at U.S. Cellular Field.

I got a phone call from my friend Jenny during the game and walked out to talk to her since it had been so long and saw this beautiful thing from the top of the ramp. It was definitely worth it.
It started to rain during the game and all the people just left their seats to sit under the overhanging. We were in the nosebleeds and had cover. It was great. Of course, since it was Chicago, it stopped 10 minutes after is started and everyone returned to their seats.

2-2-2. (Jenny, it just wasn't the same without you)


My group was awesome that week. I would hang out with them again.

And then Matty P and I with the city in the background. Which you can't see at all. But you can see us.

It was just a great day.
P.S. White Sox won.


1 comment:

colechristine said...

This is US Cellular field. It's about 10 years old and the city spend hundreds of millions of dollars to build it.. :)

south side prayer tour isn't the same without you...