Monday, January 12, 2009

Oh, that's why.

Between the hours of two and five I think I asked myself the question "Why am I doing this to myself?" at least fifty times.

I started clinical rotations and I felt like fish out of water. I was just so nervous about doing something wrong. And I don't really know everything to do with the body or all the appropriate terms when it comes to equipment so I really couldn't do much except enter stuff on the computer database. I just want to know everything right now and at the same time I am overwhelmed by everything that I will need to learn that I just want to quit so that I don't fail.

But then I think through this and realize that living in fear is not a good way to live life. So there is no way that I am quitting. And the people that I am working with are really great and patient. So I think I am where I'm supposed to be at the moment.

And its pretty awesome. For a bit of my clinical I was standing with the pole vaulters and that is such a neat event to watch. I love seeing how they have to manuever their bodies to get it in the air. And really, if this is what I want to do, that is what my days will consist of: hanging out with a bunch of athletes.

On another note. I still have another class to go to tonight. And its three hours.
Mondays are going to be long days.

No comments: