Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Making Plans

It has come to that point of my life when I need to figure out the next step. I like this process because it means I get to plan. I can start making pros and cons lists, update my resume, research different schools and job opportunities, think about where I want to live.

It's ironic because even though I want to move back home to California, I also keep looking for jobs in Texas. There is a slightly higher chance of getting a job that will pay more. Don't get me wrong, I'm not in my profession for the money. It's just the sooner I pay off my school loans, the sooner I can just start traveling. Who needs to be tied down?

But making these plans is also so nerve-racking. What if I'm not good enough to actually have a big girl job? What if I'm doomed to spend the rest of my life at a place I only slightly like? What if I pick the wrong place? What if I never pay off my school loans?

Every time I think about money I get an awful sensation in the pit of my stomach. I really just want to marry rich so I don't even have to think about it. But that would be a cop out. And us Read's are made of stronger stuff then that.

No comments: