Thursday, January 14, 2010

Beginnings.

It is the new semester. Beginnings make me excited. And there is just much to be excited about for this semester.

1. Athletic Training: Last semester was a huge growing semester in that I learned a lot about athletic training stuff, like performing evaluations and becoming better acquainted with appropriate anatomical reference points. So this semester is when I actually feel like I know more about what I am doing. There are also new people in the program so I'm no longer one of the younger people in the program. It's weird being the person to teach these new students how to tape and how to turn on the different modalities.

2. Baseball: Yeah, so the days are already super long since I'm there from one to about five and this is just on practice days. Most of the guys are nice. There are some that I'm already wary about. And you just gotta love dug out talk when they think you can't hear them (meaning that it can be quite inappropriate at times). But now I'll know more about the sport of baseball in general and learn the proper biomechanics and what not.

3. Knee rehab: Ok, so I'm not excited about this at all and I'm already slacking and being resentful of that day in April three and half years ago when I first tore this sucker. I can't wait to run and play soccer again (and throw a football). I'm pretty sure I will not take that for granted. At least for the first few months anyway.

4. Summer: So it is only January, but I'm already looking forward to what this summer may bring. I applied for this summer internship position with CSM. In Chicago. But I don't find out about it till March 15 when they make their summer staff decisions. It is going to be a long two months. And of course I'm freaking out about if I will get it or not. We'll just have to wait and be patient with this.

5. My classes: So all of my classes are for my major. Except art but I love creating stuff like that so it doesn't even feel like a class to me (except my teacher is craazy). Since all my classes are actually things that interest me, it is kind of a bit easier to pay attention, even when one of the classes is three hours long, twice a week, in the morning.

6. Friends: I actually feel like I have friends here at school. And that they actually like me for all my nuances and quirks.


So I just hope that I can maintain the excitement of these beginnings when they are no longer correctly termed beginnings.

No comments: