Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sarcasm

This one guy George Bernard Shaw said that the power of accurate observation is often called cynicism. I really don't know what George did in his life and I'm sure I could wiki him and find out but that's not the point right now. I really feel like this quote applies to my life. I am so sarcastic and I just especially realized it today.

It was not a good day. It might have had something to do with being woken up by the printer at three o'clock in the morning. (Insert snide remark #1 for the day). Or it could have something to do with my spanish class.

My first and only class on Thursdays is Spanish. I love learning Spanish. However, my professor not so much. Here's an example of the type of teacher he is. Last week we had a test on Chapter 7. We had to stay till everyone finished so that we could continue learning....about stuff from chapter 7. So I don't look forward to these classes anymore. There were a lot of sarcastic remarks in this hour and a half because he does not teach us and he says things that he thinks are funny and they're not. And I know funny. (Name that movie anybody?) I'm pretty thankful that the girl I sit next to didn't get annoyed with my smart remarks.

Anyway, the rest of the day was filled with me being smart to people when they said ridiculous things. I don't know why I was more aware of myself being sarcastic today, but I definitely felt myself have a cynical tone to everything that I said.

However, I like being sarcastic. It gets out my frustrations in a subtle way. But I know I should work on this. Blah Blah Blah. Change my heart and put myself in their shoes or something like that.

And there I go still being sarcastic. perfect.

2 comments:

Team Indonesia said...

wow.
so weird jane.
this is the problem i have had with my roommate and have had to talk to her.

watch it girl!
i love you to death you know that, and for some reason it doesnt bother me when you do it...but being with someone who it now annoys me with, i'll just give you the advice of watch it haha

Josiah said...

haha you do make sarcastic remarks alot, it never bugged me either though.. but i guess around the wrong people it could,, but then its their fault for being lame and taking things too seriously.. well good luck!