Sunday, March 1, 2009

Just put a fail next to my name

Softball players should not wear white uniforms. Unless they want to wash their stains out themselves. (Just to let you know I'm about to complain so if you don't want to hear me complain because you are having a great day then stop reading and go read another person's blog who had a better last hour than I did.)

Last year I just used spray and wash. Word to the wise: stick with what you know. This year my boss introduced me to spectac. Its this really expensive stuff and you let the uniforms soak in it mixed with water. So I do that to the uniforms and while I'm letting it soak I'm washing the black set and the red set. Well the black set is ready to be put into the dryer. The dryer doesn't start. I am freaking out. Pressing start. Pressing stop. Opening closing the door. It eventually starts. Okay freak out number one over and done with.

Fast forward a half hour and black set is ready to come out, red set is ready to be put into dryer and white set is ready to come out of soaking. Bad news. The water the white set was soaking in has a pink tint to it. Our school colors are brick red and black. On the white uniforms there is red lettering. Okay. I tell myself that its not the end of the world. Maybe the color did not spread to the actual fabric of pants.

I take the black set out and start laying out the pants and hanging up the shirts. Then I put the red set in the dryer and start looking at the white set. Okay the first few jerseys look fine. Maybe I'm good. I start pulling out pants. Yep, parts of them are red.

Perfect.

I really don't know what to do. I looked up online how to remove coloring washed into clothes and it requires resources that are not at my disposal. I'm washing them regularly as I write this and I am going to assess the damage as soon as the cycle is done.

Just put a big fail on my forehead. Oh and get this. So I'm dumping out the water and this requires me to step outside. All of sudden a measly wind comes and blows the door shut. I don't have my keys. Luckily, the team entrance is open since girls basketball had practice today it just requires me to walk around the building a bit.

Now I wait for the white set to be done washing. Maybe if I close my eyes and wish it away then this will not have happened. Luckily, I do not want to be a professional washer when I am older.

1 comment:

rachel said...

jane!
im freaking out a little for you.